Friday, July 11, 2014

My Week Without Jenny Craig

Hello bloggie world!

As you probably know by now, I have been on my own since I got back from vacation.   I will have to wait until next week until I can purchase my Jenny Craig meals.  In the meantime, I've worked hard at staying on track.  Since my last post, I have cooked my own meals and tracked my calories on MyFitnessPal.  For those of you that have been living under a rock, MyFitnessPal is an app that allows you to track your calories & exercise.  

I had a tough day yesterday.  For some reason I was feeling down on my luck.  I almost felt like throwing in the towel but I somehow managed to persevere.  All day I kept dreading the idea of exercising.  I imagined myself on my stationary miserable...angry...defeated.  Of course, as any wife would, I vented to my husband about my temporary feelings of self-loathing and misery.  Instead of allowing me to dwell in my negative emotions he motivated me to push through.  He offered to go for a run with me....did I mention how much I love this man???  He's my rock and I am blessed beyond belief.  :)

So we went for a jog and I felt amazing after I was done.  I couldn't have done it with out him (thank you honey, I know you're reading).  

Oh, btw...another handy-dandy app that I recommend you guys download is the Pacer App, where you can track your daily steps; yes, a pedometer.  It automatically assigns you a goal of 10,000 steps, which some say translates into 5 miles.  Not to shabby.  It is unfortunate that my field of work requires little to no movement.   This app has helped me push myself to walk more.  For example, after I left work, I had only paced a total of 1900 steps all day!!  Yeahh, I know! Wth?!

After my jog I was at 10,171, which is equivalent to 1:29 minutes of activity and last but not least, 278 calories burned!   Here's a screenshot:






While I'm on my on, I intend to stay under the 1,200 calories my JC consultant recommended.  I know there's more to it, including exchanges, etc... but this seems like a safe approach for now.

It's all about accountability....so here's yesterday's menu:









In addition, my snack between lunch and dinner was a whole mango  (the screenshot didn't grab the snack section).


P.S. (I'm running out of JC food, I'm down to 2 rising crust pizzas, sad day)






2 comments:

  1. I use MyFitnessPal too! Add me please :) (Username: CynthiaElise) I've actually been using it while on Jenny Craig to track my calories. Thanks for the app suggestion, that looks so awesome! My daily goal has been to walk my dog for up to an hour daily so this'll help give me a better picture of how much I'm actually doing every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention. Great job this week! You should be so darn proud of yourself. I love my hubby for that reason too, he supports me 100% and has actually implemented healthier habits along with me! Don't you just love amazing hubby's? :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey There,

I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback regarding my posts. Are there any particular types of posts that you prefer? Do you want to know more about me? Any comments are welcomed, encouraged and above all appreciated!

:)

My Twenties Made Me Fat