Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Just Like That....Back To Reality

Hello Everyone!!

I am back from paradise! I had an amazing time on vacation!  I'll share some pictures soon!


But Oh, God....


I am sooo afraid to step on the scale.  I was super pumped about packing my Jenny food....but as you can guess, that plan went down the drain.  I keep telling myself that it's okaaaay! Or is it? LOL  My husband tells me that all is well and that I don't look, nor feel heavier ;)   Bless his heart.  Honestly, I think he's right (wishful thinking).  Although, I did indulge while on vacation, I found myself controlling my portions and foregoing high-caloric drinks.   Ya know the kind with mini umbrellas, that you can picture yourself having on the beach?  Yeah, I skipped out on those. :)  Instead, I opted for less sugary drinks and wine.  Well, guess what, the last night of my trip I decided to have my one and only Pina Colada....and that was that!

At this point, I don't know... I'm scared, better yet, terrified to face the REALITY of the scale.  Even worse, my vacation left me depleted of funds....and now, I'm left without Jenny Craig food for an entire week!!!!! EEEK!!!  I want to cry! waahh!  I have a few meals left, therefore, I completely intend to make the best out of this week.  For example today, I started my morning with a Yogurt and an Anytime Bar.   For lunch, I had JC's Sweet & Sour Rice, and yes, I know it's a dinner item, but at 210 calories, I decided it was fine.

The good news is that I walked ALOT and by ALOT I mean ALOT, while I was on vacation.  The latter, is my silver lining. :)

I am actually looking forward to getting back to the rhythm of things...as soon as I get home from work I will climb on my bike!

In the past, I would have looked at this vacation as a burden towards my weight loss journey.  Quite frankly, I would have probably stopped working out and eating healthy all together.   Not this time!!! I can't expect to get the results I want if I keep letting life's hiccups and bumps in the road stop me.

I will also post a progress (or lack-thereof) picture to keep you guys in the loop.  Knowing that you guys are following my journey, helps motivate me!  So, I thank you!!

For example, my lovely reader Cynthia sent me a comment a little while ago.  She is the reason you are reading these words right now.   Thank you Cynthia for your kind words.  I will not fail you guys!!  But sometimes, I need a kick in the arse.








5 comments:

  1. YOU are awesome! Thank you for your honesty and BE PROUD of what you've accomplished by refraining from those, oh so delish, sugary drinks! Not to mention the fact that you got right back on track the minute you got home! I couldn't say the same about myself if I were in your shoes but I'm hoping that with these newly implemented habits I'll be able to control myself, as you did, while on vaca!

    You totally made my whole week with your last comment, it feels good to be connected with someone who's going through a similar journey.

    Just a quick update from me, I am almost done my third week on JC and I've lost a total of 8lbs my first 2 weeks. I am looking forward to Saturday's weigh-in!

    Lastly, don't fret if you did gain some of your loss back, it will not take much to lose that once again. Just keep focused, as you have been, and you will be back at it again & kickin' butt girl!

    I am so proud of you!

    xo, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are just the sweetest! Thanks again for your kind words! Oh and CONGRATS on your weight loss!!!! That's great news!! Keep me posted on Saturday's weigh-in results!

      Let's keep each other accountable, that's what this blog is all about!

      P.S I added you to my circles.


      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. You are more than welcome! I love the accountability I've got with you and this awesome blog :)

    I'm not 'up on the blog times' I guess because I have no idea how to add you to my circles... I'll see if I can figure it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, look at that, I figured out how to add you :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey There,

I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback regarding my posts. Are there any particular types of posts that you prefer? Do you want to know more about me? Any comments are welcomed, encouraged and above all appreciated!

:)

My Twenties Made Me Fat