Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I Need Coffee-Day 2

Last night my hubs and I decided to go for a run at the park.  That run quickly turned to a walk, but hey, who cares, at least I did something.   Anywho, We walked for close to an hour, doesn't seem like much right but It's safe to say that it did a number on me. Guess what? I overslept for work and showed up 30 minutes after my scheduled time.  My legs feel sore! Boy am I out of shape!  BUT I WILL NOT GIVE UP! In other news, today I got the much anticipated news that my entire family has been waiting for.  My brother and sis-in-law became parents for the second time this morning at 8:35am.  My nephew came in at 7lbs, 1oz- 19.5 inches.  I CANNOT wait to meet him.  My niece is 3 years old and last night she went to bed as an only child and today she awoke a big sister.  She's going to make an amazing sister!  Forgive me for my shameless bragging...I couldn't help myself.  So getting back to Jenny Craig....


Jenny Craig Menu-Day 2

BREAKFAST
Today I opted for one of Jenny's lighter breakfast options, the Mixed Berry Bar.   It resembles a rice crispy mixed with dry berries, it has been dipped and drizzled in yogurt icing.  It's a pretty tasty tiny square of deliciousness.  I added a few strawberries and blueberries to complete the meal. Oh, and 2 cups of black coffee of course!




SNACK/VITAMIN
Another Anytime Bar....it tastes better today for some reason.  Maybe it's an acquired taste.




Mini Rant: About an hour after I ate my Anytime Bar, I started to feel hunger pangs.   It's safe to say that although delicious, the Mixed Berry Bar is not going to cut it for breakfast.  Boo! I was kind of excited about the Mixed Berry Bar, especially since it's one of the cheaper items on the breakfast menu...only $1.99   
Note to self: Don't buy any more Mixed Berry Bars!



LUNCH
I really enjoyed my lunch today.  I ate the Cheesy Mashed Potatoes and Fried Chicken.   The portion is very tiny and a bit disappointing at first sight.  I am glad I packed a nice green salad and a side of carrot sticks for lunch.   I made sure to drink a cup of water before digging in.   I have to say, the meal was pretty tasty and almost tasted like a non-diet meal.  Good job Jenny Craig.  This one is definitely a winner:




Soon after I got home from work I decided to jump on my stationary bike.  Again, I am nowhere near fit, so any physical activity is a plus in my book.  I keep comparing myself to a candle...slowly melting away....very slowly.




SNACK
After my work out I was super hungry, so I decided to grab a bag of Jenny Craig's Bruschetta Veggie Chips. I knew that the veggie chips alone wouldn't hold me until dinner, so I whipped up a quick salsa.  In my hungry desperation I forgot to take a picture of the finished product...forgive me, I was literally starving.

Mexican Salsa Recipe
1 roma tomato
1/4 of an onion ( I LOVE ONION)
1 handful of cilantro
1/2 serrano pepper
juice of 1/2 a lime
Salt to taste

Chop all the ingredients in cubes and mix 'em together....and you have yourself an amazing chucky salsa that doubles as a salad.





After I ate my chips and salsa I felt FULL....so I decided to wait a bit before eating my dinner.  I was watching mind-less reality shows (don't judge me), while I waited for my food to go down.  Well, guess what?  I fell asleep!! No dinner for me last night.   

DINNER
Sorry Jenny Craig...dinner never happened... I fell asleep earlier than anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey There,

I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback regarding my posts. Are there any particular types of posts that you prefer? Do you want to know more about me? Any comments are welcomed, encouraged and above all appreciated!

:)

My Twenties Made Me Fat