Monday, June 9, 2014

My Twenties Made Fat-- Jenny Craig will make me healthy- Day 1

In an attempt to keep myself accountable, I will take you on my journey with Jenny Craig.  This is not my first time on the plan.  I gave Jenny Craig my first go in 2010.   I lost around 15 lbs in one month but decided to stop due to the high cost of the program.  Needless to say, I am back (for obvious reasons).

Here are some details regarding my current physical standing:
29 years old
Height 5'5
Weight 189

I will post updated picture and weight information next Monday, June 17th



My weight at 20 years old was 130 lbs....waaahhh!! I know, I know.... I should have, would have, could have but I didn't.... the important thing is that I am ready for change!!!  I can do this!! We can do this!! Let's do it together ladies!!!! 




Jenny Craig Menu-Day 1

BREAKFAST
For breakfast I had Jenny's Sunshine Sandwich, black coffee and a nectarine. It was a bit bland for my taste...but then again, what can you expect from a 210 calorie breakfast sandwich.  All in all, it was okay. Here is a picture of my meal:




SNACK/VITAMIN
A couple hours after breakfast I had the pleasure of consuming a sweet doughy protein-type bar, that Jenny Craig calls Anytime Bar--It wasn't the bad, it wasn't great.  Again, this is diet food... I need to keep reminding myself.



LUNCH
Zesty Tortellini Soup for lunch with a green salad/no dressing and baby carrots.   The soup itself is very rich and hearty.  The tortellini is drenched in tomato based meat sauce.  It was flavorful but lacked the salt kick in my opinion.  It left me feeling full and satisfied.




DINNER
Jenny Craig teaches you about Volumizing; it term used by Jenny Craig consultants, to help encourage the consumption of additional veggies.  Volumizing also helps people like you and me get creative with Jenny cuisine.  Consultants provide you with a list of unlimited veggies that you are allowed to consume.   For example, yesterday I had the Chicken Pasta Parmesan for dinner.   I decide to volumize by doing the following:

I heated up a pan and added a spritz of pam. I then sauteed some bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and fresh garlic.  I seasoned it with garlic salt, seasoning salt and fresh ground pepper.  After the veggies were al dente I dropped in the Chicken Pasta Parmesan and mixed it all together.  The result was a much tastier filling version of the original meal   I paired it with a green salad...and wallah!!!! Dinner was served.





DESSERT
Since I skipped out on my milk serving for breakfast I decide to treat myself to Jenny's chocolate cakes and an ice cold glass of non-fat milk.  YUM!!  This one speaks for itself:



AND JUST LIKE THAT, DAY 1 WAS A SUCCESS!


xo.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey There,

I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback regarding my posts. Are there any particular types of posts that you prefer? Do you want to know more about me? Any comments are welcomed, encouraged and above all appreciated!

:)

My Twenties Made Me Fat