Friday, June 20, 2014

Peaks and Valleys....Days 10 & 11

Shit! These days have been tough.  I'm not sure why but these last two days have tested my character.   I somehow managed to endure.   As you probably know, I've started switching out some of the Jenny Craig food items.  I feel it necessary to learn how and what to substitute.   I am well aware that I will not be able to continue Jenny Craig forever.   Living in one the most expensive cities in the US doesn't help either.  My husband and I have been saving for a house and I feel it absolutely necessary to watch my spending.   With that said, I will move on to what I've been eating these last couple days.

Day 10 Jenny Craig Challenge

BREAKFAST
My Jenny Craig consultant understands that I'm on a budget, so she advised me to substitute some of the breakfast items for things such as oatmeal and store bought cereal.  So on Day 10, I had Quaker instant oatmeal, at only 150 calories this seemed like a good option.  No complaints here.




LUNCH
Hello Turkey Burger addiction!!!





DINNER
Meatloaf with barbeque sauce.....ehhh....it was fine.   I grilled a portebello mushroom and was so excited to eat it, only to realize it was bad.  So I threw it out.   FYI:  The Meatloaf is on the right side of the plate.







ACTIVITY
40 minutes on the Stationary Bike....no picture of workout screen this time.  My husband tripped over the plug and disconnected it.  :(  Sad day.   This work-out was particularly agonizing....it was a tough day overall.


__________________________________________________________________________

Day 11 Jenny Craig Challenge

I woke up around 9:00 am and stayed in bed watching the World Cup (Italy vs. Costa Rica).  I somehow managed to pull myself out of bed around 10ish and headed straight for my exercise bike.  Thirty-six minutes and 11.0 miles later, I finished my work-out.  This is getting tougher than I thought.  I got this!!!  At least, that's what I keep telling myself.


BREAKFAST
French Toast and Iced Coffee!!!  You guys already know how much I love Jenny Craig's French Toast. 




On another note, I didn't work today because someone in the office needed to take Sunday off.  I volunteered to cover said coworkers shift, out of the goodness of my heart...so saintly, sure, yeah...   I don't ever work Sundays but hey, there's a first time for everything.  Soooo, since I had the day off I decided it would be nice to go to matinee showing of The Fault In Our Stars with my cousin (she's on summer break from college).  It was such a great movie! Go watch it!!!   Just make sure to pack some tissues.   I'm happy to report that I did not fall off the wagon.  I snuck in my Jenny Craig White Cheddar Popcorn and ended up buying a Diet Coke at the concession stand.   Success!


LUNCH
Cheesy Mashed Potatoes & Fried Chicken.  I love this meal, it never disappoints.  Oh and btw, Sriracha hot sauce has become my new best friend....just thought you should know.  It's amazing how much flavor it adds to any dish.





DINNER
I'll let you know.....





ACTIVITY







Also,  I thought this would be a good day to share my progress picture.  I took this Day 7  of my challenge (keep in mind that I am now on day 11).  Feel free to check out my first post Day 1 for a picture of my Pre-Jenny Craig challenge body.  Let me know your thoughts.... do you guys see a difference?   I will continue posting progress pics every week or so....stay tuned.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey There,

I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback regarding my posts. Are there any particular types of posts that you prefer? Do you want to know more about me? Any comments are welcomed, encouraged and above all appreciated!

:)

My Twenties Made Me Fat