Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Well Whadaya know? Black Coffee...it ain't so bad after all--Day 3

I'm getting used to drinking coffee..black.  That's surprising, considering I love me some hazelnut creamer in the mornin'.   I find myself drinking a minimum of 2 cups of coffee a day...yes, I am addicted.  I need it to function.  You can take my junk food, but DEAR LORD, don't take my coffee!!

Jenny Craig Day 3

BREAKFAST
I had the Ranchero Breakfast Skillet for breakfast.  It was a small bowl of egg, bell pepper, cheesy, potato goodness!  How I wished I would have saved some salsa from last night's batch of Salad Salsa.  If you don't know what I am talking about, see my last post.  Funny story, not one, not two but three of my coworkers asked what I was having because, "it smelled sooooo good".   I had a nectarine and you guessed it, BLACK COFFEE to complete the meal.




SNACK/VITAMIN
Anytime Bar



LUNCH
Woah, I really, really enjoyed this meal!! The Turkey Burger is soooo good! As you can see, I even took a couple bites before taking the picture.  I added mustard, lettuce and tomato (unlimited foods).  I also had a side salad and baby carrots.  The portions are small but I've found that I've slowed down the pace while I eat.  Somehow, it helps me enjoy and savor the different flavors of my meal.  



DINNER
Last night I decided to finally try the Cookout Chicken and Beans.  I also whipped up a fast and easy side of Garlic Squash with Mushrooms to complement the meal.  It's a great way to volumize without having to sacrifice taste.  Find the recipe below:

Garlic Squash with Mushrooms
1 Squash
3 Mushrooms
fresh garlic
garlic salt
seasoning salt
pepper

Spritz a hot pan with cooking spray and drop all the ingredients in and cover for 5 minutes (medium heat). After 5 minutes have passed add a dash of water and re-cover.  The water will help the veggies steam cook thoroughly due to the evaporation effect. That was easy!

SNACK
I ended my night with a bag of White Cheddar Popcorn!  I personally like Pirate's booty popcorn but this will do.  It satisfied my salt craving.




ACTIVITY




DAY 3 Done!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey There,

I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback regarding my posts. Are there any particular types of posts that you prefer? Do you want to know more about me? Any comments are welcomed, encouraged and above all appreciated!

:)

My Twenties Made Me Fat