Sunday, June 15, 2014

Weekends are the Devil--Day 5 & 6

I was dreading the weekend because I knew that it would be harder to stay on track.  Yesterday, my husband's family had a Father Day's BBQ.  I knew that eating the right thing was going to be a challenge, and so I did what any responsible JC dieter would do.  I starved myself!  Joking.  As usual, I slept in and arose around 10am.  Saturday Mornings are the best!  As soon as I got up I headed straight for my stationary bike and got to business, 45 minutes later I had completed my work-out  For breakfast/lunch, I decided to sautée some spinach, tomatoes, onion and fresh garlic.  I literally had a mountain of spinach for breakfast.   It was surprisingly tasty and satisfying.

Jenny Craig Day 5

BREAKFAST/LUNCH




DINNER

We got to my husband's family gathering around 4:30pm.   To my demise, the spread looked amazing! I headed straight for the fruit platter and loaded up on watermelon and grapes.   I skipped the chips and dip.  Success!  But then the real challenge came......picking out my food.   Here's the result of my impaired judgment:  1 grilled rib, a hefty serving of chimol (salvadoran salad made with tomatoes, onion, cucumber, cilantro and lime juice=volumetrics), a minuscule serving of rice, about 1/4 of a cup's worth.   I was full!  It's all about making the right choices.   I also took my +Jenny Craig White Cheddar Popcorn.   I didn' feel deprived.   Oh, and I enjoyed several glasses of wine *blushing*.   All in all, I think I did well.  Jenny Craig is definitely shifting the way I look at food and that's a good thing.     I totally forgot to take a picture of my meal.


ACTIVITY





Jenny Craig Day 6

BREAKFAST
Today is a new day and I'm back on track.  I had the Florentine Breakfast Pizzas, which btw were delicious!




LUNCH
The Chicken Sandwich was pretty good.   I decided to steam some cabbage, mushrooms and carrots.  I also helped myself to a side of pickles and cherry tomatoes. Oh, and a bit of salsa!  Please excuse the unaesthetic plate.  I was so hungry and as you can see, I ended up creating a mountain on my plate.  I enjoyed the Chicken Sandwich but IMO, the Turkey Burger is much more delicious.  





DINNER
Now, dinner was just amazing! I added red peppers and onions to my Rising Crust Pizza.  I really enjoyed this meal.  I had a side of spinach with my pizza.  It felt like I was cheating...it was so yummy! One of my fave +Jenny Craig meals thus far.






ACTIVITY
No exercise for this girl on Day 6.  :(   



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you made good choices at the BBQ. It's hard! The chicken sandwich is my favorite lunch! I toast the bun and heat the chicken for 2 minutes. Then I put BBQ sauce (limited free) on it! Yum yum.

    ReplyDelete

Hey There,

I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback regarding my posts. Are there any particular types of posts that you prefer? Do you want to know more about me? Any comments are welcomed, encouraged and above all appreciated!

:)

My Twenties Made Me Fat